What to Do Before Publishing Your Website
A guide covering everything you need to know before you publish your website.
The image below is what your website panel will look like. Please note that you will always be able to change ALL of your settings, even after you have published your website.
To design your website, follow these steps:
Step 1: Choose a Template and Theme
- Go to "My Website", click on the “Edit” button and select "Design".
- In the "Design" page, choose a Website Template and Theme and click on “Apply to website”.
- Now you can customize the design of your website by changing Color, Background (this is only possible in Capucine), Logo and Font.
- When you upload a logo image file, we recommend to use .png file format.
- Don’t forget to save your changes by pressing the “Apply to Website” button.
- You can always see the Preview of your website below or by clicking on the name of your website in the top bar and select "Preview Version".
Step 2: Add your Property Details
- Go to “My Properties” and click on the “Add property” button.
- Follow the step-by-step procedure to enter all required property details. You have to submit your property in order to continue.
Step 3: Customize your Homepage
- Go to "My Website", click on the “Edit” button and select "Pages" to start personalizing your homepage.
- Click on the Slideshow widget to add photos to your homepage (recommended minimum photo resolutions in What are the ideal picture sizes?).
- Click on the Widgets below the slideshow and enter a welcome message or any other content.
Final Step: Preview and Publish your Website
- Click on the title of your website in the top bar and select "Preview Version" to preview your website.
- Click the red “Publish” button in the header to publish your website. (If you have not published your website yet, you can only preview your website when you are logged in. No one else can view your website in the "Unpublished" mode)
- Click the green "Publish" button in the popup. This process can take a few minutes, however you can continue with other actions in the meantime and click the "Close" button while your website is being published.
That’s it! Your website is published under the URL displayed in the top left corner of the header. Every time you make a change to your webpage, an alert will appear on the bell on the top menu advising you to publish the site online.
Question ID: 155242