Set up booking and cancellation policies
Policies define the terms for payment schedules, cancellations and damage deposits. You can create as many policies as you like and then associate them to your properties.
Create a booking policy
To create a new policy, do the following:
- Go to Menu and select Settings.
- A new page appears.From the left menu bar select Policies and in the top right corner click Create Policy.
- A slide window appears on the right side of the screen.
- In Add Policy: Choose a policy name, for example 10% Prepayment - No security deposit.
- In Payment Schedule: choose the number of payments and decide the timelines for collecting them. Read more
|If you choose...||...then|
|1 - One payment||You will collect the full payment in one sum, once the guest completes the booking.|
|2 - Two payments||You will collect the full payment in 2 or 3 instalments. Choose whether you prefer the guests to pay a percentage of the total amount or a flat amount.|
Note: If you choose Do not schedule in Lodgify, it means that Lodgify will not schedule any further payments for you. You should explain to your guests when and how you want to receive the residual balance, for example through cash at arrival.
- The Payment 1 will always be collected at the time of booking and it represents your Reservation Deposit.
- You can also decide when to collect the Residual balance and how to collect it.
|3 - Three payments|
|Important: Although you have the freedom to choose the number of payments, the timelines during which your guests submit the booking also have an impact on the payment schedule.|
For example: your policy requires 2 payments
- Payment 1: 25% due at time of booking
- Payment 2: 75% due 7 days before arrival
The guest books 14 days before arrival
The first payment will be 25%.
The guest books 3 days before arrival
The first payment will be 100%. The second payment will not be necessary.
- In Guest Cancellation: choose the cancellation policy. Read more
|If you choose...||...then|
|Fully refundable||All prepayments are fully refundable to your guests in case they cancel the booking.|
|Partially refundable||You must add at least one rule. Click Add Rule and then choose:|
- What amount: decide if you want to refund in case of cancellations, a percentage of all prepayments or a flat amount. The flat amount uses the currency you selected.
- When: how long before arrival your guests can cancel their booking in order to get a refund.
All prepayments are non-refundable to your guests in case they cancel the booking.
- In Damage deposit: choose whether to activate the policy or not. If you activate it, you should specify a percentage of the total booking value or a flat amount.
💡Note: This charge will not be added to the booking quote because it is usually handled in cash upon arrival. The guests will only be notified that a damage deposit is required.
- In Quote Expiry: Select the time for how long the Quote will be valid. You can choose between 1 hour and 720 hours (=30 days). If the guest has not confirmed the booking after that time, the quote will expire.
After completing the booking, your guest will receive a confirmation email which contains a complete breakdown of your policy.
💡 Note: Once you have created your policy don't forget to associate it to your property.
Associate a booking policy to your property
To associate a previously created booking policy to one of your properties, do the following:
- Go to Menu and select My Properties.
- A new page appears. Select the property that you want to associate the policy to, click Edit and select Rates.
- Under Default Rate, select a policy from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down the page and click Save.
💡 Note: Currently you can only associate one policy per property which applies to all Season Rates and Room / Property types.
Question ID: 230000