Gallery and slideshow pictures
Photos represent your business card when guests land on your website. Our templates are built to showcase your properties thanks to big background photos, picture galleries, and slideshows. Learn how to upload and order your photos in the property gallery and the homepage slideshow, reformat and resize them or use them as background.
💡 Note: To find out how to upload a picture in an image widget have a look at our Widget article.
You can upload photos once you have added properties to your site.
Learn how to upload:
|Homepage slideshow photos|
- Go to Menu and select My Websites.
- Select the website in which you want to upload the photo slideshow to, click Edit and select Pages.
- In Main Navigation Home, hover over the theme widget until you see the pencil icon appearing on the bottom-right side of the widget and click it.
- A pop-up window appears. Click Upload images to import your photos.
- Once they are uploaded, click on a picture to edit the photo caption. 💡 Note: Use short tail keywords for each photo.
- In Slideshow Headline add a description which will appear in the homepage slideshow.
|Property slideshow photos|
- Go to Menu and select My Properties.
- Select the website in which you want to upload the photo slideshow to, click Edit and select Map/Gallery.
- Scroll down to Gallery:
- Use the section General Property Photos to upload photos which are common to the property.
- Use the consecutive sections to upload photos belonging to each of the apartments or rooms within the property. 💡 Note: Add short tail keywords for each picture.
- To tidy up, you can drag and drop your photos to reorder them. To delete them use the bin icon.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click Save.
Photo file size
The guidelines below will help you to choose the ideal picture size for your template.
- Your photos may have a different size than below. If you decide to resize them, remember to keep the height and width ratio to avoid your pictures to stretch.
- File size matters! We recommend using a maximum of 400KB per photo. For big background pictures, you can go up to 1MB.
💡 Note: Usually .jpgs have smaller file sizes than .pngs. To compress your photos to a smaller file size but maintain the quality, you can use free online tools such as Compress JPEG
|What||Template||Ideal size in pixels|
|1366 X 900|
|Homepage slideshow||Livingstone||1366 X 620|
|Homepage background||Capucine||1366 X 900|
|Homepage slideshow||Capucine||960 X 540|
|880 X 540|
💡 Note: your photos may adjust to fit the templates' frame, and this may happen especially when seeing your website on a mobile device. Some of the details on the borders may get hidden.
Question ID: 232707